Date(s) - 03/08/2019
9:00 am - 5:30 pm
PMFP Lighthouse Room
29-31 Sholl Street
Mandurah, WA 6210
The Workshop for Birth Professionals is a one-day workshop that provides traditionally trained doulas, midwives, nurses and physicians with the specific techniques and philosophical information needed to professionally support HypnoBirthing couples in any birth setting.
Through participation in the Workshop for Birth Professionals you will:
- Understand the unique benefits HypnoBirthing offers, learn about the philosophy & the Gold Seal that is establishing best practice in Australia, as well as recognise how it differs from other methods.
- Learn the physiology of the uterus during labour, exploring the muscle interaction, blood flow & biochemical function. Examine the role of the autonomic nervous system upon fear.
- Understand the differences between HypnoBirthing® & medical terminology, & learn to communicate with a HypnoBirthing family, understanding the partners role & the common birthing preferences they choose.
- Explore the various states of hypnosis, and the mind body connection in birthing.
- Consider the impact of integrating HypnoBirthing with the current care in hospitals & learn about HypnoBirthing techniques that can be implemented to support a positive birth outcome.
- Discuss & explore options to support families experiencing special circumstances in birth & develop appropriate skills to support natural birth & a HypnoBirthing couple.
- Receive 7.5 CPD Points from the Australian College of Midwives for participation.
Early Bird Prices for this event closes on 19 July 2019.
Trainer for this Event: Anthea Thomas
CH.t, HBCE, HBFC
Anthea is a passionate health professional, an experienced Antenatal Educator, Speaker and Clinical Hypnotherapist supporting families in conception, pregnancy, birthing and parenting. Anthea is a Faculty Member and trainer for the HypnoBirthing® Institute in Australia. She is the Director of HypnoBirthing International in Australia, a Global Presence Ambassador for Parenting 2.0 and Vice President of CAPEA QLD (Childbirth and Parenting Educators of Australia).
Anthea is working with therapy based on the philosophy that our unconscious minds can heal our bodies, and control the delicate process of conception and birthing. She is focused on helping people find their unlimited potential in all areas of life, on helping women to rediscover their natural birthing instincts and works to provide couples with information about their bodies, the birth process, how their mind affects conception and birth helping to empower them to take control of their own journey.
Anthea is married and has two children. She lives on the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia.
If this date or location isn’t suitable click here for a full schedule of training date and locations
Bookings are closed for this event.