My Midwives Brisbane North is unique as it is one of the very few private midwifery practices in Brisbane. The midwives now have birth access to the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, The Gold Coast Hospital and Ipswich Hospital. This step is very significant for women as it means you now can be admitted to hospital and still continue to receive care from a midwife they you have employed rather than someone allocated to provide your care. The model of care means that women can have birth care from their own midwife, have obstetricians and other medical staff available and can receive Medicare rebates for care. The midwives have direct access to the Birth Center at The Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital- this means no ballets or waiting lists!
We offer a range of Midwifery Services including continuity of midwifery care, antenatal and postnatal care, education services.
- Free pregnancy testing
- Bulk billed visit explaining your options and choices in pregnancy
- Referral for blood testing and ultrasound testing
- Prescribing of medications as required
- Continued care with a known midwife through the pregnancy, birth and post birth
- Shared care with your GP or other practitioner (if they agree)
- Group pregnancy education
- Antenatal classes
- Early parenting education
- Referral to other health professionals as required
- Medicare rebates available
- Deluxe Postnatal packages available
- Group Sessions
Updates can be found on the My Midwives Brisbane North Facebook page.
Mother Group is held every second Friday at 18 B Nash st, Rosalie. This session is facilitated by a midwife with a different topic offered weekly. You can stay all morning or just stay for a quick cuppa and a catch up with a midwife.
My Midwives Antenatal Classes. Offered every month on a Saturday. The classes are fully catered and are small groups.
Please call the practice reception on 07 3118 5240 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment with one of our midwives to discuss your options.
Meet the My Midwives Brisbane North Team
Lisa Christie Taylor