Dr Julie Phillips-Moore
(Clinical Hypnotherapist & Naturopath)
Ph.D., Master Behavioural Health Science (Distinction), B.A.(Psych.), Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy, ND.
Julie works in the area of health psychology which is a holistic approach that focuses on how all facets of your life have an impact on both your physical and mental health. Psychological studies show that the mind and body have a strong bi-directional link. As mental health declines, physical health can wear down; and if physical health declines, it can make a person feel mentally and emotionally, “down.”
She treats a wide range of health issues by combining hypnotherapy, naturopathy (which includes homoeopathy and Bach flower remedies), Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) and nutrition.
Some of the conditions treated are:
- stress-related illnesses
- anxiety (incl. performance anxiety)
- sleep disorders
- mental and adrenal fatigue
- high blood pressure
- eating disorders
- digestive imbalances
Unexpressed emotions such as anguish, guilt or shame often felt after a termination, or sadness or grief after a miscarriage, can create extreme emotional conflict which affects every cell of the body and can cause or compound reproductive problems.
This mind-body programme reduces stress and increases confidence, instilling a sense of control which maximises chances of conceiving naturally and increases the success of medical assistance such as IVF.
Julie obtained her degree in Psychology, her Masters Degree in Behavioural Health Science (Distinction), and her Ph.D in the field of psychoneuroimmunology from the University of Sydney. She has lectured at the university in the Faculty of Health Sciences as a staff member and also as a guest lecturer in complementary medicine.
- Diploma of Counselling
- Diploma of Homoeopathic Medicine
- Diploma of Nutrition
- Advance Diploma of Nutritional Medicine
- Diploma of Herbal Medicine
- Certificate of Advanced Training in EFT (Tapping)
- Diploma of Remedial Massage
For further information about Julie and the treatments she offers visit;
We provide a professional environment, whilst also being a calming and peaceful escape from the outside world.
(Childbirth Educator & Doula)
Donna teaches HypnoBirthing, the Mongan Method childbirth education programme from her cosy home located in Concord. She provides a special experience for each couple and makes her pregnant couples feel safe, unique and respected. She understands the importance of a positive birth experience and knows that when couples feel confident in their decisions they are making it is extremely rewarding as it shapes their views of their pregnancy and birth outcomes.
- In depth coverage of all your birthing options and choices
- Discussing fears that can increase anxiety & negative expectations
- Exploring a woman’s body being designed to birth calmly, safely & with ease
- 5 x 2.5 hour sessions guiding you through relaxation techniques used in labour and birth
- Practical spinning babies techniques to help provide comfort and support in baby’s positioning
Donna provides prenatal and postnatal sessions as a doula and will keep in touch throughout your pregnancy, answering any questions and supporting you all the way until you meet your baby and are settled into your home. Through discussions around your birth plan and your desires for your special day, she will supports these whatever they are. We will discuss comfort measures, pain management, explain inductions and alternate options that available for you. Donna is kind-hearted and always likes to go the extra mile in making you feel supported and looked after. She molds her approach to everyone differently as she believes not everyone is looking for the same model of care. She supports all types of births from elective c-sections to home births, she brings a calming essence and a wealth of knowledge with her. She will guide you in resolving any fears and worries you may have about labour. Donna offers to meet your birth team to ensure everyone has met prior to your special day.
- Antenatal education – Inductions, options and alternate approaches
- Guidance – in resolving or shifting any fears or concerns that arise
- Writing a birth plan – whatever this may look like for you
- Comfort measures – practical tools for labour and birth
- Meeting your birth team – attending midwife and specialist appointments if need be
- Local referrals – personal recommendations to chiropractors, acupuncturists, pregnancy massage therapists and physiologists.
Firstly, a big congratulations to you and thank you for considering me to be a part of this important stage of your pregnancy, and trusting me to empower you with the knowledge that you need so that you can work towards the amazing birth you are seeking.
I am a mother to a 13 year old daughter, and i am passionate about assisting women gain the knowledge that they need so that they can navigate their pregnancy with confidence and trust in themselves and their baby.