(Childbirth Educator & Doula)
Donna teaches HypnoBirthing, the Mongan Method childbirth education programme from her cosy home located in Concord. She provides a special experience for each couple and makes her pregnant couples feel safe, unique and respected. She understands the importance of a positive birth experience and knows that when couples feel confident in their decisions they are making it is extremely rewarding as it shapes their views of their pregnancy and birth outcomes.
- In depth coverage of all your birthing options and choices
- Discussing fears that can increase anxiety & negative expectations
- Exploring a woman’s body being designed to birth calmly, safely & with ease
- 5 x 2.5 hour sessions guiding you through relaxation techniques used in labour and birth
- Practical spinning babies techniques to help provide comfort and support in baby’s positioning
Donna provides prenatal and postnatal sessions as a doula and will keep in touch throughout your pregnancy, answering any questions and supporting you all the way until you meet your baby and are settled into your home. Through discussions around your birth plan and your desires for your special day, she will supports these whatever they are. We will discuss comfort measures, pain management, explain inductions and alternate options that available for you. Donna is kind-hearted and always likes to go the extra mile in making you feel supported and looked after. She molds her approach to everyone differently as she believes not everyone is looking for the same model of care. She supports all types of births from elective c-sections to home births, she brings a calming essence and a wealth of knowledge with her. She will guide you in resolving any fears and worries you may have about labour. Donna offers to meet your birth team to ensure everyone has met prior to your special day.
- Antenatal education – Inductions, options and alternate approaches
- Guidance – in resolving or shifting any fears or concerns that arise
- Writing a birth plan – whatever this may look like for you
- Comfort measures – practical tools for labour and birth
- Meeting your birth team – attending midwife and specialist appointments if need be
- Local referrals – personal recommendations to chiropractors, acupuncturists, pregnancy massage therapists and physiologists.