Are HypnoBirthing classes worth it or can I learn it myself at home?
This is a question that pops up all the time from pregnant women interested in HypnoBirthing classes.
It may stem from the cost of the course, the time required or the location of the classes.
Should I go to a Beyoncé concert, or just buy her album?
Let’s have a think about that.
Will I enjoy the album, learn the lyrics and have a dance around my living room? Yes of course.
Will I experience the full power of a live performance by Queen Bey? Nope.
Will I feel those waves of emotion and passion that only come from being in the presence of a star performer and thousands of fans? No again.
Will I feel changed forever and be able to look back to that experience with fond memories and feel that tingle of excitement again? Probably not.
Let’s face it. Listening to an album at home or attending a concert are very different experiences.
Just like teaching yourself HypnoBirthing skills at home is very different from attending a course.
Some of the benefits of attending a course in person are;
- You get more than 28 years of proven techniques in every class
- You will receive personalised help with each technique
- You and your partner will experience hypnosis from a qualified practitioner – someone who can show you how the techniques can be used during your pregnancy
- You get support from your practitioner through your pregnancy and post partum period – someone who supports you having the most positive birth possible
- Both the mother and her main support person are equally involved in the birth preparation process
- You are invested in the results – when you make the investment to attend the course you are more motivated to get results
- You receive the book, relaxation mp3’s, class handouts, including birth plan, visualisation posters and more..
So when making the decision to do the course or learn at home, there is a huge difference.
We encourage you to contact your local practitioners and talk through your questions. Alternatively, you can contact us on 1300HYPNOBIRTH.
Most if not all practitioners offer payment plans, some may offer scholarship type places for couples experiencing financial hardship and courses via Skype or Zoom can often be arranged if distance is an issue.
All our practitioners are flexible, accommodating and want you to have the opportunity to experience the full power of the HypnoBirthing International course.
To find a practitioner that can help you achieve a wonderful birth experience, CLICK HERE.
Photo Credit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Beyoncé_e_Jay-Z.jpg